Friday, July 25, 2014

Processed Food & My Pregnancy

Photo Credit

 If you haven't read about the effects of processed food on your body you probably live under a rock.  The whole food movement is gaining popularity everywhere.  If you haven't seen the how cutting the processed food can change your body you definitely need to check out this amazing blogger's journey:  Daily Dose of Del Signore.
  Processed food is food that is not found in nature and usually contains additives, artificial flavorings and other chemical ingredients.  An easy way to determine if food is processed is to just read the ingredients.  The longer the list the more processed it is.
  I started cutting the processed food out after reading the blog I linked you to above.  This was before I started trying to get pregnant.  I lost 10 lbs. in just one month by just changing what food I ate, drinking more water, and doing Zumba for 20 minutes three times a week.  I can't afford organic or the 45 minute drive to even find it.  So it was just more fruits and vegetables, hormone-free milk and meat, and less sugar.  My biggest success with all that was the loss of 4 inches around my bust.  That is the one place I need to lose and that I struggle the most with. 
  Then I quickly got pregnant.  I am currently 26 weeks along and  I have only gained 4 lbs. (Yes, I am under an OB's care and he is not concerned.  He is well aware of my changes and activity.  So all doctor approved.)  My body does not ache like it did with my others.   Oh, and my breast did not balloon like i feared they would.  I know every pregnancy is different.  I just can't believe it's all just a coincidence. 
  I try to stick to a 80/20 clean diet.  Like I said we don't exactly have the access or finance to buy organic.  Plus, I have cravings.  Now I don't binge on fast food or a box of cookies but I will eat a candy bar every so often.  I still have a Pepsi every now and then.  With that being said I will admit I feel like crap afterward.  It's to the point I debate which is worse, the craving or the "yuck" afterward.  I just thought giving into my craving every so often would keep me from binge eating.  I'm starting to think the "yuck" feeling is strong enough to keep the urge from binge eating away.
  So, this is my conclusion: IF you have thought about cutting the processed, I am here to tell you it can be done (on any budget).  It is SO worth it!  Feel free to contact me or comment with questions or suggestions.

                                            Hope to see you back here soon!
                                        Christi 

No comments:

Post a Comment