Saturday, December 6, 2014

Acetaminophen Dependency

  Never thought I would reach a point where my body would become dependent on acetaminophen, but it has.  I have been taking it every day for 2 months.  I didn't think there was anything wrong with that.  I had a c-section, and now I deal with a horrible toothache.  I've started grinding my teeth at night that only adds to my toothache.  Yes, I should just go to the dentist.  But...I have 3 kids, no sitter, and the closest in network dentist is 30 miles away.  Not an option right this moment.

  I am not taking much a day.  Not even a full pill.  But I realized there was a problem when I tried not to take it and consistently got horrible headaches on those days.  Sadly, all I'd initially found to counteract this was ibuprofen, which I can not take while breast-feeding.  I finally had a breaking point today that made me realize I need to do something and I need to do it now.  I started to feel a panic attack set in at the thought of taking away those pills.  That is when I realized I need to detox my body from this and do it now.
  So here is what I found.  Large intakes of Vitamin C will counteract what the acetaminophen does in the liver.  Rose hip has the highest amount of Vitamin C according to what I found researching.  So tomorrow I plan to find a rose hip tea of some sort.   I will post more on how I feel after about a week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment