Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Marriage Based on Facts Not Emotion


  We are emotional beings.  It is both a beautiful and tragic thing.  There are days I love my husband more than anything I ever imagined myself capable of.  Then there are the days (especially during pregnancy) where I find myself thinking "why the heck do I stay for this".  The truth is marriage is a covenant we make before God to love this, this person we only think we know.  There is a reason traditional vows say "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, and in health".  Does anyone really soak in what you pledging?  I know I certainly took it much too lightly.  You should witness my husband with his 'man cold'.  It'd make any blushing bride think twice ;)   But in all honesty, that is why when it comes to marriage, we have to set our feelings aside simply because our feelings will change from minute to minute.  The vows we took don't change however.  So remember why you married that man, and remember marriage isn't to make us happy it's to glorify God.  It is hard.  I've wanted to walk away more times than I care to admit (I don't do confrontation well, I prefer to hide until the problem goes away).  And if I let my emotions run our relationship, I wouldn't have one.  I have to remember this thing called marriage is so much bigger than me, then us.  Then I try to cling to what I KNOW, not what I feel.  I know this man loves me, I know I made a lifetime promise to God to love and honor this man, I know that we have 3 beautiful babies who will look to us for how to build their relationships.  And I do not want to continue the pattern of divorce.  I want to be a light is this very dark world for them.  So, if you're having a rough day, week, month, year with your spouse sit down and spend some time with Jesus.  And then you can check out these great little things I've found to help me keep my focus.
Prayer Cards@TimeWarpWife










www.thedatingdivas.com











  What blogs do you follow that have helped you in your marriage?
Hope to see you back here soon!
         Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment