Saturday, August 16, 2014

(Partial) Placenta Previa?


At my 20 week ultrasound I was informed my placenta is sitting low and that I would be rechecked at 28 weeks to see if it has moved.  I was reassured that 90% of the time the placenta will move up.  This pregnancy must have been too easy because the little booger moved down.  Yep, it is now covering most of my cervix.  If you know anything about this condition I'm a stage 3.  I didn't even know anything about this condition until after talking to my OB.  Google is not comforting just to forewarn you.  I should really not Google certain things.
  So, with a placenta previa diagnosis comes restrictions.  I haven't had any bleeding so I am only on low activity (thankfully) instead of bed rest.  But that means basically everything I've read about how to prepare your body for labor will now be put on the back-burner until further notice.  Even (most) yoga!  I'll be rechecked at 34 weeks and we will make decisions from there.  I haven't really found any information on what my chances are that it will move up at this point.  I will see my OB every two weeks now so the more questions I have the sooner I can ask :)  But just to fill you in I had no symptoms or any risk factors (other than multiple pregnancies obviously). I delivered my other two naturally so I guess this is just one of those things you can't have an answer to.  Regardless of how crappy this condition is and can potentially be, my baby boy is healthy and ultimately that is what matters.  Reading the forum of other women discussing this I know it could be worse.  A lot of them were just aiming to reach 36 weeks because of bleeding issues.  God bless you if you are/were one of those mommas.  I couldn't imagine the stress.  
  Feel free to share your experience if you had this condition with a pregnancy.  I would love to hear from you!
  Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment