Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Current Health Hype


  We see it everyday.  Pinterest, news, magazines, blogs, it is everywhere. I'm talking about the health hype.  Every thing is a miracle according to articles.  Don't get me wrong, I was one of those obsessed fools trying to soak up all I could from dear ole' Dr.Oz.  And you know what, I wasn't any healthier, I was overwhelmed.  So, I took a step back to breathe.  And I decided, it is too much.  Right now everything is a miracle herb or something along those lines.  I say bologna.  I do think the things that are being pushed right now do have some good benefits for our bodies.  But what I don't think we take into account are those promoting these items are trying to make money (there are blogs I follow who I do trust their experience with certain things).  So all I'm saying is to not get overwhelmed like I did.  If you want to try something, do some research.  Some of the best information I've found on different things, like fish oil for example, have come from all natural moms who give an account of how they've seen a difference in their children and themselves.  I will take their information more to heart then anything I find on WebMD (I'm completely anti-pharmaceutical).  They, or so I believe, have nothing to gain for sharing this information other then they are just like me and trying to get that information out there.   Because much like most people at one point I chose to be uninformed and to just take what I was told by a doctor as absolute truths.  I've come a long way since then.  And here I am, sharing information in hopes to inform those who want to be or become informed.
   All I'm trying to say is there is so much out there that is good for you, and a whole lot more that is bad.  But just remember not everything will do all that some promise it to do.  Also, everyone's body is different.  What works for me may not work for you.   That is all.
  Have you had any issues with some of the current hype going around?  Have you had any success trying something?  I would love you hear from you on this!

Hope to see you back here soon!
  Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment